classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alan Marett

Alan M
This post was updated on .
My name is Alan Marett and I live in North Norfolk. My sailing experience started in the Royal Navy where I sailed 27ft Whalers, 40ft Cutters and what was termed as 14ft Admiralty Pattern clinker built dinghys. I became a qualified coxswain (then) and sailed very little after I left the 'Navy' in 1967. Subsequent to that we have been on a number of sailing holidays in Greece and Turkey where we sailed Wayfarers, Lasers and others including 'cats' I also spent a week on 'The Lord Nelson' which is a purpose built square rigged vessel built to take disabled voyage crew alongside able bodied voyage crew. A great experience for all.
I currently have two SeaHawks. One which we use in Blakeney Harbour and has a mooring at Morston and the other is in Salcombe in Devon where our son and grandchildren used it. Sadly our son died earlier this year so I am now selling the boat in Salcombe.
It's a good little boat with a good 4hp Mariner outboard and a useable trailer. It has proved itself sailing in 'iffy' weather in the Bristol Channel and sailing against the tide outside of Salcombe Habour plus hours of fun inside the Harbour where our granchildren learned to sail. We want to get rid of the boat quickly for obvious reasons so it is for sale in Salcombe for £1250. 00
If interested or more details are required please telephone me on 01263838066 or 07733326312.