classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alison Youngs

alliejy
Hi Greg and all SeaHawk Forum members,

I'm Alison, and I have to good fortune to be the daughter of John A Bennett. I don't own a SeaHawk (shame on me, I have a Shetland) but I do remember having great fun on one when I was much younger! If I remember rightly, it was moored at Reedham.

I'm proud to see how fond you all are of your boats.

Happy sailing!

Alison

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Alison Youngs

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
alliejy wrote
I'm Alison, and I have to good fortune to be the daughter of John A Bennett.
Well, it's really good to see you say "good fortune to be the daughter" and not just "am the daughter". :-)
I don't own a SeaHawk (shame on me, I have a Shetland)
I'm tempted to say "Shame on you!" too. There's enough of your father's designs to pick from!
I do remember having great fun on one when I was much younger! If I remember rightly, it was moored at Reedham.
Very likely, given that's where they were built. I well remember the phone call I had with your Dad, shortly after starting the SeaHawk site, and his tale of the press launch of the boat in a howling gale.
I'm proud to see how fond you all are of your boats.
How is you father these days. For a long time I was promising myself that I would try to arrange a visit, but I never got round to it. Is he still active. Would he be happy to receive a visitor wanting to talk about an old design of his?
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

alliejy
Yes, I agree there are enough of his designs to pick from, but as i'm more a cabin cruiser sort of girl than a sailor, they are mostly outside my price range! He approved of the Shetland...in fact he found it for me.....so I  hope I'm forgiven
We are looking to upgrade to one of his, so if anyone hears of a Fairline Vixen for sale..............?

He is reasonably well, after a period of ill health last year, and will shortly be celebrating his 85th birthday.

I will certainly ask if he feels up to a visit.
Reply | Threaded
|

alliejy
Happy to say we are now the proud owners of a Picton 210 Fiesta 4 !

Yes, of course it's one of my fathers designs