4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ben Spragg

SeaHawk215
This post was updated on .
Hi

Just thought i would introduce myself, i bought Sophie number 215 a couple of weeks ago with the intension of taking he to wales with me on the 20.07.18.

I am busy trying to give her a quick lick of paint with the intention of a better job over the winter, i will try and post pictures if anybody has any suggestions comments that would be great.

Thanks

Ben
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ben Spragg

brian johnson
Hi Ben
Nice boat - looks like a Reedcraft.  Original trailer too, which is a bonus. Mine is similar.  They suffer from gelcoat crazing but I sorted mine by using a proper grp primer to fill the cracks and then Sadolin White Woodshield, an expensive water- based highly-pigmented resin paint that I have used for many years on exterior woodwork!  Sounds crazy but it has out-performed any oil-based paint I've ever used on grp.  Sadolin are interested in this as they have never tried it on grp.  All I can say is that it works - and my boat lives in a harbour with salt water and harsh sunlight that destroys marine oil-based paints in two seasons.
Enjoy the boat - they sail really well and cope with rough conditions, providing you reef early.
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
I've created a topic Solving Gelcoat Crazing in the Help Desk area to continue discussion of this subject.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Perry
Great. Thanks

Perry

Sent from my iPhone