classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brendan Behan

Sailorman
Hi.

I am new to the site so hello to my neighbours in the UK. I live in Dublin and have sailed on and off over the years and passed my YM offshore exams in 2010, I worked as a fisherman for a number of years and fished as far away as Alaska. I have owned a few different types of small sailing boats over the years but boat less at the moment so thinking of buying a Seahawk to do a bit of fishing and sailing on the inland lakes of midlands Ireland.

The Seahawk fits my needs nice looking boat, good sail area, and a trailer sailor so hoping that I can find a nice one on the site.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brendan Behan

Perry
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not selling my Seahawk, but still, I have to ask, just given your name.

I was great friends with a guy from Glasgow called Stephen Behan, whose family were from Ireland, father Dominic and uncle Brendan. It was just too much of a coincidence to see that name again, so I had to ask....are you related.

Greg, hope you don't mind me using the forum for this. If you do....sorry

Thanks

Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Sailorman
Hi Perry
I would be a millionaire if I got a pound for all the times I have been ask that question loll but no relation to the him, maybe some of his habits thought.

Regards
Brendan

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Perry [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not selling my Seahawk, but still, I have to ask, just given your name.

I was great friends with a guy from Glasgow called Stephen Behan, whose family were from Ireland, father Dominic and uncle Brendan. It was just too much of a coincidence to see that name again, so I had to ask....are you related.

Greg, hope you don't mind me using the forum for this. If you do....sorry

Thanks

Perry

Sent from my iPad

On 28 Jan 2017, at 15:30, Brendan behan [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi.

I am new to the site so hello to my neighbours in the UK. I live in Dublin and have sailed on and off over the years and passed my YM offshore exams in 2010, I worked as a fisherman for a number of years and fished as far away as Alaska. I have owned a few different types of small sailing boats over the years but boat less at the moment so thinking of buying a Seahawk to do a bit of fishing and sailing on the inland lakes of midlands Ireland.

The Seahawk fits my needs nice looking boat, good sail area, and a trailer sailor so hoping that I can find a nice one on the site.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Brendan-Behan-tp4024802.html
To start a new topic under Introduce Yourself, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SeaHawk Forum, click here.
NAML

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Brendan-Behan-tp4024802p4024803.html
To unsubscribe from Brendan Behan, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Perry
Hi Perry,

You know I'm a man who's a stickler for "the system" (and so does Brendan by now! ), and going off-topic is definitely to be frowned on, but we've got to make newcomers feel welcome, so it's fine, just this once!

If I was going to moan at all, it would be how I always end up editing your posts to get rid of quoted text from your emails, which do rather clutter a forum.  
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sailorman
Hi Brendan,

Oops!, I see you've subscribed to this topic and are top-posting replies by email. So you and Perry are a bit of a pair.

I fear your sailing waters may leave you some distance away from most SeaHawks, although I do recall one that was being sold probably around ten years ago. I remember it because it was the first time I had seen the image taken from the Pyefleet handbill and it wasn't until much later that I realised where it came from.

Do take a look at the various sites I list on the Buyers Page as not everyone chooses to advertise their boat here.

Glad you like the appearance of the SeaHawk, not all folk do at first.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography