Chris Leighton

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Chris Leighton Chris Leighton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Chris Leighton

Just aquired  1971/2 build nos 147 equipped with a Stuart Turner 1 1/2 hp RM 3.

In original if poor condition think we can restore the original gel coat ( badly crazed)

Lots of original paperwork with it

Sold to S J Cook in 2003 from Terry Wetherfield

Any further info would be appreciated

Chris
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Chris Leighton

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I have no record of a boat with the sail number #147.  I am aware of three boats with inboard engines that have been marketed within the last year. One was #203. I don't know the sail numbers of either of the others. They were Hakuna Matata (Poole) and Terosa (Whitstable).

I first became aware of Hakuna Matata soon after creating the site in 2004 when she was being sold by a broker on the Isle of Wight. She turned up some years later on the mainland marketed by boatshed.com. That company supplied with with an excellent set of photos of her, in their typical style. Terosa was new to me when advertised on eBay last August. She was removed from the auction, so presumably sold to a local buyer at that time. Of course, yours could be another.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Chris Leighton Chris Leighton
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Yes found faint markings this is Terosa

Chris
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that info. I'm always glad to know that a new owner has found their way to the site. Be aware that the Search box on the main menu bar should find things from anywhere on the site, including the forum. Do ask questions in the Help Desk and chatter in the General Discussion areas of the forum.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography