classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dick Carswell

Dick Carswell
This post was updated on .
I was surprised and delighted to come across Greg's Seahawk website. I never thought to google 'Seahawk' before but am pleased at last to have signed up.  The surprise element of the website is that my elderly Seahawk, Jemima (232) appears to have signed up before her owner! Her status, so far as I am concerned at any rate, has been stratospherically elevated as I discovered from this link http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/gallery/uk/jemima.htm that Jemima was once in the ownership of Greg's father.
I bought Jemima around 20 years ago through Perry Long when he was master of Blakeney Marine. I've kept her on the same mooring that the previous owner had been using which is one of the last down the Blakeney cut.
I've tried to tidy her up without losing too much of her original charm. I gave her a name but made sure that her Broadlands registration G191 remained visible.
I'm a fair weather sailor and most certainly not a racer but I have been known to enter one or two of the local regattas.  Once I even won in my class (there was only in the class!). The only exception to the fair weather rule was in 2013 when I joined the Jubilee convoy.
On fair and sunny days I potter around the pit, mostly solo (senior management prefers to motor!) but happily our grandchildren are reaching an age when they can join me on a trip to the seals which they love almost as much as diving off the side.  This probably means they are glad to get off the boat!
I suspect there'll be a delay getting out on the water this year (2015) as I'm busy trying to find a  replacement foresail for the genoa that was shredded in a storm last year.  Does anyone have a spare  suit of sails?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dick Carswell

Dick Carswell
Hi, I've had my Seahawk (Jemima No 232) some 20 odd years and keep her in Blakeney, Norfolk.  It turns out that she was once owned by Gregg's father.  Last year my foresail was shredded in a storm.  Jeckell's quoted a replacement price that exceeds her value.  Blakeney Marine through whom I bought Jemima suggested I logged onto this website to check if anyone has a secondhand one for sale. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who can help.