Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Falcons sail number

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi James,

Thanks for the photo.

I fear that is likely to be a Mirror Dinghy sail, given your tale of the plans the previous owner had. Red sails are rare on a SeaHawk and the numbers don't go above about 503. Given what I see on your Interior View and that you fear movement of the ballast I'd say the sail number should be below 150.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

james smith
that ties in exactly with what tony said he thought she was sail number 71 she has three sets of sails but the other two are blank is there likely to be any makers numbers anywhere ive got a big rebuild to plan and i might need a trailer as the trailer isnt avalible this might be a good chance to use this boat to showcase my work ive got a few unusual ideas that i would like to try things that me and my freinds wanted to do when we all worked for cornish crabbers building shrimpers and clams.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi James,
james smith wrote
that ties in exactly with what tony said he thought she was sail number 71 she has three sets of sails but the other two are blank is there likely to be any makers numbers anywhere
All I know about these things are found on the Dating A SeaHawk page.
ive got a big rebuild to plan and i might need a trailer as the trailer isnt avalible this might be a good chance to use this boat to showcase my work ive got a few unusual ideas that i would like to try things that me and my freinds wanted to do when we all worked for cornish crabbers building shrimpers and clams.
I wondered if you had hidden talents!

Cornish Shrimpers have always been a boat I aspired too, but were too expensive even when years old, and I was never quite sure their rig would be as effective as the SeaHawk on the Norfolk Broads. There are a few around here, but I've never had a proper chance to "race" one.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

james smith
If you get one get one built roughly between 2007 and 2013 they were built with lighter topsides and thinner hull and more ballast they go like stink all done in the name of economy but what a result