Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

James Smith

james smith
Hi im just about to obtain a seahawk as payment for a job (the owner was going to "modify it" by fitting a fixed keel from a mirror dingy.) hopefully ive saved it just before he got out the saw.
 Its been sat in a barn for the last ten years so ive been told and is in a very very sorry state im going to see the boat again tomorrow and will supply some pics if i can im eager to try and find the history of this boat ( i think its called falcon)  but im not sure so as soon as i know more i will post it on Im going to have to completly refit the boat and I think she had problems with the keel jaming  Maby she is an early boat and the concrete ballast has shifted well Iim notsure of sail numbers but will keep you all informed as i go along.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: James Smith

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi James,

Good to have you with us and I hope you enjoy your SeaHawk. Do you have Welsh connections? If so then Tony Ayres could be a worthwhile contact. That's the only result I get when searching the site for "Falcon".

Pictures will certainly help in tracking her down, though I only reckon to have photos of around a third of the total fleet and many of those do not show unique features that would positively identify a boat.

If you do get photos, or have other questions to ask then start a new topic in the Help Desk or General Discussion areas. If you want to tell us more about yourself (Your email address suggests you're not a casual sailor!) then tell us more here.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: James Smith

james smith
hi greg no i dont have welsh conections but im a marine engineer by trade and was doing a job in ross on wey and this boat was taken in payment for a job so not far from wales  as im based in gloucester i have the severn and the sharpness canal so will probably end up keeping her I used to live on a ip 24 but when i moved back from cornwall I had to sell her so As i miss having a boat i think this is an excellent oppertunity I will probably use her as a sort of floating workshop so i can take the whole workshop to the job rather than the other way round but its early days yet but the boat needs to be saved either way .