classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jane Jeffery

Salty Dog Junior
This post was updated on .
I am a bit of an old sweat when it comes to Seahawks, I grew up with a lovely lady in my life from about the age of 11.  I learnt to sail in her and as a family we adored her.  That lovely lady was Salty Dog.  She is Seahawk 388 and my Dad, Bill, had her as a shiny brand new Moores of Wroxham boat in about 1979.
She spent her life at Blakeney, where we spent most of ours and was sailed to within an inch of her little life during this time! She was my Dad's lady, it was with a heavy heart that they had to part and I shall never forget her.
I am pleased we tracked her down (well my Fiance Daren managed to) and know that she has a new man in her life now and is still much loved (Daren tried to woo her back but she was not to be parted!).
I have many tales to tell and probably lots of info and photos of the life and times of Salty Dog.
She was named after a trad' jazz song.  Sadly Dad has advanced Alzheimer's now, but, such a part of his life was she that she's still in his clouded memory.

So a new chapter now, my lovely man has brought another lady into our lives in the shape of Seahawk Clochard (aka Tramp) who arrived in landlocked Bury St Edmunds early yesterday morning.  She is in need of a bit of TLC but I am so, so very excited, it's like stepping back into a time of long summers Swallow and Amazon style every time I look out of the window and see her!

Oh yes, me, well I am Jane, now aged 45 and three quarters, we all live in Suffolk, Mum, Dad, me, he and too many animals to mention!

Hopefully here will be Salty Dog in a pose with Dad and Gordon that was all too familiar to the poor girl! She's my Salty Dog :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jane Jeffery

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Jane,

I know we've had a few private mails but while looking for something else I discover we have pictures of Salty Dog from the time Andy Will bought her back in 2000, and I presume soon after, once she'd had the TLC treatment required.

I knew the name Salty Dog rang a bell. Just couldn't place it!
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography