Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jeckells Sail Number

Tom Altee
These were the sails in the sail bag.  It looks like the originals with a fain imprinted number on the Jeckells of 262180. Other sails of interest were Neil Pryde of Hong Kong.  Comments?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jeckells Sail Number

brian johnson
This post was updated on .
Hi Tom
It's just possible that Jeckylls have a record of that sail and may even have the boat number on file.  Try emailing Richie Dugdale   richie@jeckells.co.uk.  Worth a try ;)
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Altee
Thanx! Doing it now.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
In reply to this post by brian johnson
brian johnson wrote
Hi Tom
It's just possible that Jeckylls have a record of that sail and may even have the boat number on file.  Try emailing Richie Dugdale   richie@jeckells.co.uk.  Worth a try ;)
Brian
Hi Brian,

It is almost certain that Jeckells will have a record of that job number - well, it would have been ten years ago and probably that still stands today. However, it won't reveal much more than who placed the order, what for, and the date. I recall turning up the order for the cruising chute for Mr Toad and discovering the name "Mr Blackwell" who ordered sails for a tall rigged version in 1993, but no contact details. If they had been present I would have followed the discovery up with a letter.

In 2005, Chris Jeckells allowed me to go through their job books for the early 1970s. It was soon after I started the site and I was aware of a Tall Rig Version that had, apparently, been displayed at the Earls court Boat Show in January 1992. That turned up a memo about a design for a tall rig dating from 1972.
(See the History page which has a link to a Jeckells Internal Memo.)

What I can say categorically is that their records do not have any reference to a builders hull number. All the indications and evidence is that such things do not exist for any of the builders.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

brian johnson
This post was updated on .
Hi Greg
My thinking is that Jeckylls would have put the hull number on the mainsail and might have kept that on file.  They have just made a new mainsail for me and wanted the hull number so they could put that on the sail.  So Tom might be lucky ;)
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Brian,

Ah! Now I understand your thinking.

However, I can only assume that your experience was because the guy handling your order was not familiar with the SeaHawk. I know wasn't asked for hull number when I placed my order back in 2005. No doubt all the guys used to the boat have retired since then.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography