classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

John Newton

John Newton
This post was updated on .
Hi, my name is John and I've recently acquired a sea hawk, which I'm restoring my question is can you buy the sink and stove kit, I'm intending to convert her from a four berth to a two berth.
Also does anyone have a definitive deck layout as my boat seems to have cleats and rope eyelets everywhere.
Sorry I didn't mention the boats name it's Swamp Duck
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: John Newton

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.
John Newton wrote
my question is can you buy the sink and stove kit
No! The boat was only sold with the galley moulding during the period when Reedcraft built SeaHawks. When Moores took over in 1977 they abandoned to two berth model.

However, most half competent DIYers can put together something that fulfils the same function. Flutter your eyelashes at some friend who may be able to help if you haven't the time or haven't got the tools for the job.
Also does anyone have a definitive deck layout as my boat seems to have cleats and rope eyelets everywhere.
The three major builders each had a different approach, and there are a small number of home finished boats around, so there is no definitive answer to your question. Take a look at the Description section of the site and see if you can identify the builder of your boat and you have a good chance that we can direct you to photos of original condition examples.
Sorry I didn't mention the boats name it's Swamp Duck
Did it come with that name, or have you given her it? It's not one I recognise. I hold photos of just short of 150 of the 420 or so SeaHawks believed to have been built, but a good many of those have no visible name, so I rely on those who provided the photos for names. Is it one of the boats that still appear in the For Sale section of the forum?
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography