classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kevin Harlow

Pelican
Hi all

We are Kevin & Helen, and we have owned Pelican (274) since 2010 (co-owned with my brother & sister in law).

We bought her with all good intentions of getting  into the water for summer 2011; however various other commitments meant that she has been stored outdoors for the best part of 4 years....

In that time the only work undertaken was to have the base of the mast repaired after it corroded through - this was caused by a previous owner attaching the kick strap to the mast using a jubilee clip of all things.

Last month gave us the opportunity to move her to a new, more accessible home. If anyone is interested I will post up some photos and post any updates as and when.

All the best
Kevin

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Kevin Harlow

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum.

I always love to see photos, especially if they show problems and solutions (before and after shots) and all those customisations that might inspire others to make their boat better for them.

I am having similar problems finding time to go sailing in "Just 17". She is still not back in the water after a year of being completely ignored. I blame the new house which seems to take up an enormous amount of time to get right!
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography