Kismet Name Change

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Kismet Name Change

The owner of the Professional American Football team The Jaguars (who play a game each season in London) Shad Kahn owns a mega yacht named the Kismet.  It's sometimes parked just down river from us.  So saying we have decided on a name change.  Because of her red hull color the name "English Rose" came up.  Another cheeky suggestion was "QE III".  What say the members of this forum of an English name for a British boat in sub-tropical America?
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Kismet Name Change

If you guys weren't too upset at upsetting the British 250 years ago, I wouldn't worry about it now.

Given your heat "Wilting Rose" might be a better name.

One of the reasons for choosing "Just 17" when I renamed "Imagination", was that it used far fewer characters and I thought buying the self adhesive vinyl letters would be cheaper. In the end instead of buying the lettering online I went to a local sign maker. Not only was it vastly cheaper than the on-line quote I had got, but it also enabled me to get a SeaHawk logo made up all for less then the price of letters alone from the on-line companies.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Well, given that Seahawk was one of the navy  fighter planes just after WW2, how about another one for the name. The navy version of the spitfire was the sea fire. 

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Jan 2015, at 10:53, GregSeaHawk [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you guys weren't too upset at upsetting the British 250 years ago, I wouldn't worry about it now.

Given your heat "Wilting Rose" might be a better name.

One of the reasons for choosing "Just 17" when I renamed "Imagination", was that it used far fewer characters and I thought buying the self adhesive vinyl letters would be cheaper. In the end instead of buying the lettering online I went to a local sign maker. Not only was it vastly cheaper than the on-line quote I had got, but it also enabled me to get a SeaHawk logo made up all for less then the price of letters alone from the on-line companies.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Kismet-Name-Change-tp4024274p4024275.html
To start a new topic under Kismet, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SeaHawk Forum, click here.
NAML
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Tom Altee
Now that's funny.  
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Tom Altee
I like Sea-Fire.  I am a military and ships artist...hmmmm I could draw a Seafire in my sleep. Here's some of my work in ships. The HMS Sophie from the Master and Commander series and the unfinished USS Ohio 1836 Ship of the line both sized at appx 2'X3'.

Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

The drawings are amazing. So detailed. 

Also amazing (but perhaps not a surprise) I am just rereading the entire Patrick o Brian series right now!

My boat is called piccolo and she will stay that.,,,but now I want to get a drawing of one to go with the name. What a great idea!

Perry

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Jan 2015, at 23:29, Surfed (Tom Altee) [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I like Sea-Fire.  I am a military and ships artist...hmmmm I could draw a Seafire in my sleep. Here's some of my work in ships. The HMS Sophie from the Master and Commander series and the unfinished USS Ohio 1836 Ship of the line both sized at appx 2'X3'.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Kismet-Name-Change-tp4024274p4024278.html
To start a new topic under Kismet, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from SeaHawk Forum, click here.
NAML