Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mark Jennings AKA me :)

mjseahawk
Hi all, I bought a Seahawk last year, she's due a lot of TLC. I bought her as a bit of a project, i've had her on the River Itchen in Southampton a few times, Not sailing just testing her on the waters. She's a lot more steady than i thought she'd be for a small boat. I haven't had the sails up for a couple of reasons, 1) I cant sail :P but i intend to learn, and 2) her keel is jammed. grrrr.

I've given her (she still isn't named so 'her' will have to do for now) a top paint of coat so she looks a bit more fresh and intend to paint the hull of the boat when the weather improves. change the windows and kit out the inside with a bit of PVC to update the look a little. A nice little sound system as well so i can listen to some music while relaxing :D

So that's me really. I'll hopefully post some pictures up sometime soon, and then hopefully some more once she's transformed after the refurb.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mark Jennings AKA me :)

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Mark,

Welcome!

Did the previous owner have a name for her?

Do you have sails with a sail number.

It's possible I have some images of her that I could share while waiting for your's.

Cabin Speakers
I confess that the first thing I did when I got my boat was rip out the ridiculous over-sized speakers that the previous owner had installed. If I listen to music while relaxing at the end of a day's sailing, it's with headphones so I don't disturb the neighbours. Sound carries a long way over the still waters of a summer evening on the Norfolk Broads.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography