Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mike Pearl

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Perry,
GregSeaHawk wrote
I think what I see is a blue sail bag in the cabin. That could be the Jeckells original.
Oops! Just noticed that the text claims the sails are blue, so it seems, I'm wrong on that count.

The photos didn't include the sails last time. Must check the old advert. Perhaps they're a recent purchase. The older photos from the Gumtree advert show all the spars, including furling gear, but no sails. Perhaps that accounts for the extra £50 asking price this time?
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike Pearl
In reply to this post by Mike Pearl
Just wanted to let you all know that I have purchased Leda - sail number 314.
After a little bit of tlc she will be moored on the river at Martham.
Cheers Mike
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Mike,

I wasn't aware Leda was on the market. I couldn't have been looking hard enough!

You'll be aware that Barry had opened up a My Boat section for her. I'd be happy to grant you access to that section so you can continue with the tale, if you'd like that.

You'll see that there are some questions left dangling on that page, to which I'd love to have some answers.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Mike Pearl
Hi Greg
Leda was not advertised for sale but Barry read my post about wanting a Seahawk and made contact with me. Overall Leda is in a sound condition, it appears she has always been a two birth boat with a galley moulding but has the four berth mast bracing. I believe this is quite rare. I will be launching her as soon as I have given her the once over, renewed the rubbing strip and given her a clean and polish. If you are back on the water you will see Leda around as she will be at Martham. When I am able I will take some pictures of the trailer and check the measurements against those on the forum. I would welcome access to the my boat page.
Thanks Mike