1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mike Viney

mikeviney
This post was updated on .
I am a proud owner of a Pedro, ‘Pipistrelle’
I have had ‘Pipistrelle’ for about 13 years and first use her in the Bristol Channel mooring her at Portishead and Weston-Super-Mare. I now use ‘Pipistrelle’ on the Rive Dart in Devon and have spent many enjoyable weekends pottering from pub to pub, having picnics and putting to sea and sailing sideways. It’s a great little boat and I have had loads of fun sailing and maintaining her.
I use a much bigger fore sail then the standard rig, which gives ‘Pipistrelle’ a good turn of speed and less weather helm.  
The trailer I use is the type described on the web site as the ‘purpose built trailer’. I completely rebuilt the trailer to a similar design using suspension units when one of the swing arms broke To aid recovery I have 2’’ by 2’’ wooden batons attached to the back of the outriggers at a 45 deg angle. The tops of the batons are just above water level to indicate correct depth and guide the bilge fins onto the outriggers. I can recover the boat single handed, although I did have a girlfriend to hold on the a bit of rope so she thinks she is doing something vital. The girlfriend has now gone so one less bit of rope to worry about.