Off the the Painters

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Off the the Painters

We finally finished prepping the Kismet from our end.  She has been dropped off at the painters for her color scheme.  Brain the paint maestro is stacked and backed with work.  Looking at 4 - 6 weeks to get her back.  I'm thinking more like 8 weeks.  

GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Off the the Painters

Hi Tom,

Good to hear from you. I thought it had gone quiet after your first burst of activity. Now I see why!

Prepping a boat for a professional paint job can take forever, as I learnt for myself at the end of 2010 when I began to prepare Imagination (to be re-named Just 17) for her repaint.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
|

Just 17... A sly reference to that great Beatle rave up I Saw Her Standing There? "She was just 17, You know what I mean..."
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Tom,

I don't know about sly...

The story of the decision on the name change is related on my GregAfloat site.

As you'll read, there's a lot of firsts involved. It followed my first flight to Germany, indeed my first commercial flight anywhere, and first use of a passport in 35 years. You'll read that it happened while being introduced to some of Diana's family. We were walking around Weisbaden marina at the time...
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
|

Lovely story that and a small-ish world.  My last sailboat was named the "Diana". Though she was named after the character in Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series and not your Mrs! We almost named her the Sophie and I did a rendering of the HMS Sophie but in the end we called her the Diana...  I miss her.  But then I miss all my boats that I no longer have.