5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rob Moore

Rob Moore
This post was updated on .
Hi there,
My name is Rob Moore (no relation to R Moore and sons)
I used to be the proud owner of 'Mr Toad' which I purchased from Rutland Water and brought back home to Norfolk where it resided on my mooring at Brancaster Staithe.
I sold it for financial reasons in 2010 and regretted it ever since, so I'm now on the lookout for another.
I've just literally come back from Mildenhall to look at a boat that is listed on Ebay (once named sheldrake) but it needs much work.
I had a nasty feeling that the keel may have been decommissioned too, so I walked away despite the temptingly low price.
Great website btw - very informative!

Rob Moore
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rob Moore

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Rob,

Good to have you with us and hope you find a boat that will suit you.

There do seem to be three kinds of SeaHawk owner.

Novice owners:
Often folk upgrading from dinghies or those wanting something stable they can learn to sail on. Frequently marinas and brokers seem to promote a SeaHawk as "Ideal first boat". It is, but it's so much more than that!

Downsizers:
Often vastly experienced sailors who in retirement need something cheaper to maintain and easier to handle single handed for pottering about with the grand children.

And  then there is your category...

Returning Owners:
There's a surprising number of people who try other boats, perhaps because their families outgrow a SeaHawk or they are looking for a boat with more room for weekend cruises. Many it seem discover that such boats really need competent crew to manage them, which they can't always find at times when they want to go sailing, and cost much more to keep afloat, and just aren't as much fun to sail. I think the record holder is Tim Stringer, who bought his old boat back twice after selling it to two different owners.

I think it says a great deal that there are so many in this group. It says a lot for the SeaHawk.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Rob Moore
Thanks Greg,
Yes, its a great boat. Looking forward to finding the right one!
Many thanks,
Rob.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Rob,

I should have mentioned, in 2011 I was invited for a sail aboard Mr Toad, or Rhiannon as she was then known.

When you find your new SeaHawk are you intending to have her on your Brancaster mooring again or are you closer to the Broads these days?
Greg Chapman
Reply | Threaded
|

Rob Moore
Hi Greg,

Yes, we have had the same mooring in our family for over 40 years. It has now been changed into my name as they are now altering the rules to get the waiting list shortened apparently.
I'm so glad we've kept it as it's quite close to the hard, but far enough away if you know what I mean. (Another Seahawk was nearby but can't remember the name)
There's nothing better than going for a meal at The Jolly Sailors or White Horse, before rowing or walking out to spend the night on the boat followed by a cooked breakfast aboard in the morning.
The sound of curlew, clinking halyards and lapping water is the best!

Rob.
Ps. Having said that we have now moved a bit further east and may consider a temporary Blakeney/Morston exchange.

On 17 Feb 2016, at 20:30, GregSeaHawk [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Rob,

I should have mentioned, in 2011 I was invited for a sail aboard Mr Toad, or Rhiannon as she was then known.

When you find your new SeaHawk are you intending to have her on your Brancaster mooring again or are you closer to the Broads these days?
Greg Chapman

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Rob-Moore-tp4024658p4024661.html
To unsubscribe from Rob Moore, click here.
NAML