classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SOLD - Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk

fromnorfolk4u
This post was updated on .
Webmaster edit: You may contact the author of any post on the forum by clicking on the author's username. This takes you to a screen where there is a Send Email link.
=========================================

For Sale “Daydream” a Seahawk 17. Price £900.
Daydream was probably built in early 1970’s by Readcraft Ltd, as she has sail number 53. I have owned her since 2011 and am selling her only because I am forced to.
She has two sails in reasonable condition, mainsail & genoa, by Kemp, age of sails not known. The genoa is on a self-furling mechanism and has a UV strip all in good order. And the mainsail has a vinyl boom cover. Sail bag.
Daydream lying at Blakeney Quay

Daydream comes on a Lizard trailer which needs some attention, in that I am told the axles need replacing. But the trailer is adequate for short local journeys.
It has a 2 stroke 4hp Evinrude engine, Model number BE 4BRLETA
                                                        Serial number B0882282
which runs well and has been regularly maintained.

Other equipment includes a boat hook, eight fenders, a bow fender, rope ladder, two oars and a small anchor. Rootec Engine trolley. Keel lifting pulley system. Various ropes & mooring lines.
She was repainted overall by Neil Thompson Boats of Glandford, Norfolk in 2012 and then her upper surfaces were painted with anti-slip paint during winter 2013/2014 by North Norfolk Boatyard.

2015 Two coats antifouling applied.

2016 drop keel removed and slight bend straightened, the keel was cleaned & coated with zinc oxide. New pivot bolt.

2017 Spring - Two coats antifouling applied.

2017 Winter - Loose port side cockpit rail removed, damaged area of deck rebuilt & strengthened rail refitted.

Portside cockpit

cockpit

All invoices available for inspection.
While she is sailable and fully functional, she could do with some uprating work. The gelcoat shows some crazing in places.  The cabin/cuddy still has what I suspect are the original PVC cushions (heavily repaired with tape) and while it is basically sound, it could do with some TLC.
Daydream is currently overwintering on her trailer in my driveway, in the village of Stanhoe, near Docking in North West Norfolk
                                 I am asking £900 or very near offer for her, with all of the above included.
                                                                              Roger Hargreaves    Tel:01485518269

from quay
rob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk

rob
Is the boat still for sale can I come and see it?
Reply | Threaded
|

fromnorfolk4u
In reply to this post by fromnorfolk4u
Hello,
Yes, she is still for sale. Of course you can come & see her, I would be delighted. Where  are you and when would you like to come & see her?
Best wishes
Roger
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Roger,

Just click on Rob's username. You'll go to his profile page and a list of his posts. Check out his introduction topic at the bottom of the list. That and his other posts make for some interesting reading.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

fromnorfolk4u
Thanks Greg.
Best wishes
Roger
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Daydream still appears to be for sale. See:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132929716262
Greg Chapman
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk

fromnorfolk4u

Dear Greg

Yes, I can confirm Daydream is still for sale. I am about to put her in the water at Blakeney Quay, in the hope that she will be seen more widely locally.

Roger

Sent: 15 June 2019 09:37
To: fromnorfolk4u <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk

Daydream still appears to be for sale. See:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132929716262

Greg Chapman

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Daydream-53-Docking-NW-Norfolk-tp4025080p4025097.html

To unsubscribe from Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Moontrev
Hi, is she still for sale?
Reply | Threaded
|

fromnorfolk4u

Yes indeed, she is. She is still in my driveway, as I have been away a lot this summer it didn’t seem worth putting her in. Look forward to hearing from you if you are interested.

Roger

Sent: 22 August 2019 21:00
Subject: RE: Daydream #53: Docking, NW Norfolk

Hi, is she still for sale?

https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Daydream-53-Docking-NW-Norfolk-tp4025080p4025110.html

NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Moontrev
Hi Roger,
Sorry for not replying sooner, I find this site a little difficult to navigate!
I'd love to come over and view her, how bad is the trailer? Have you had any costs to renew the axle?
Do you have to take her out of the water each winter? Or can she be left moored to the quay?
I'm only in Dereham, so not a million miles away!
To be honest, I'm considering either a boat such as yours, or a Wayfarer in the dinghy park.
We are only free in the afternoons, as our now old dog has got used to be walked in the mornings, and he will probably howl if we leave him alone in the mornings!
I've owned a Seahawk before, and know what to look for, so could you please comment on the lifting keel etc?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Trev
Reply | Threaded
|

Perry
Trev

Hi, I’m Perry. I also own a Seahawk which was based on Rutland water.

Just as a guidance the thing hat usually goes on the trailers are the hubs, and they can be renovated by a good trailer company. I had someone come down to Rutland and do a complete hub rebuild. He charged me the couple of hours travel as well, and it was still overall a reasonable cost.

If that turns out to be the problem with daydreams trailer, ping me and I can give you more details

Thanks

Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

fromnorfolk4u
In reply to this post by Moontrev

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I think it would be much more sensible if we were to communicate by phone, so that I can do my best to answer your queries. I will try to get some information about the, from the guy who runs the North Norfolk Boatyard and who first pointed out the problem. There is also an engineer in the village who might do the work.

Perhaps you could ring me on 01485 518269 around midday,  then if you would still like to come we can fix a time.

Best wishes

Roger

Sent: 23 August 2019 20:40

Hi Roger,
I'd love to come over and view her, how bad is the trailer? Have you had any costs to renew the axle?
Do you have to take her out of the water each winter? Or can she be left moored to the quay?
To be honest, I'm considering either a boat such as yours, or a Wayfarer in the dinghy park.
We are only free in the afternoons, as our now old dog has got used to be walked in the mornings, and he will probably howl if we leave him alone in the mornings!
I've owned a Seahawk before, and know what to look for, so could you please comment on the lifting keel etc?
Cheers
Trev

https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Daydream-53-Docking-NW-Norfolk-tp4025080p4025113.html

NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

fromnorfolk4u

Also, just to say that I have no objection to letting you have my email which is [hidden email], you may find it easier.

Roger

Sent: 23 August 2019 22:32

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I think it would be much more sensible if we were to communicate by phone, so that I can do my best to answer your queries. I will try to get some information about the, from the guy who runs the North Norfolk Boatyard and who first pointed out the problem. There is also an engineer in the village who might do the work.

Perhaps you could ring me on 01485 518269 around midday,  then if you would still like to come we can fix a time.

Best wishes

Roger

Sent: 23 August 2019 20:40

Hi Roger,
Cheers
Trev

https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Daydream-53-Docking-NW-Norfolk-tp4025080p4025113.html

NAML

https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/Daydream-53-Docking-NW-Norfolk-tp4025080p4025115.html

NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Moontrev
In reply to this post by Perry
Hi Perry,
Firstly thanks for that, I used to sail a mats Seahawk at Rutland (the poor side)
Which was called piccolo!
If I buy this boat I wouldn't want to tow it, but to put the boat on its trailer over winter at Stratton Long Marine in Blakeney.
Once again, thanks for your input, greatly appreciated..
Just remembered that the poor side of Rutland was Whitwell!
Cheers
Trev
Reply | Threaded
|

Perry
Trev

You’ll never guess the name of my Seahawk.... piccolo!!!!

Was it yours? I bought it from a guy called David Stevens. Did you sell it to him?

Thanks

Perry

Reply | Threaded
|

Moontrev
Wow, you must have bought it from my mate Dave, who crossed to the dark side of windsurfing!
What a small world this is!
Enjoy piccolo she is a lovely little boat! Handles really well, even in a blow!
Cheers
Trev
Reply | Threaded
|

Moontrev
In reply to this post by Perry
No, all I know is that Dave got really lucky and picked the whole unit for about £900, and the boat, trailer and sails were all in really good nick!
Cheers
Trev
Reply | Threaded
|

Perry
And sold it for pretty much the same. Dave has told me that the trailer needed work, hence my comments about axles...not unusual.

It cost me about £400 to get someone to come down to Rutland and do all the work needed, but well worth it.

Piccolo is now on Grafham water and I am just getting a cover made for her so that she can be towed and stored in good condition.

Good luck getting one. They are lovely boats.

Thanks

Perry