SOLD - (No Name): March Cambs (Was: Norwich)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SOLD - (No Name): March Cambs (Was: Norwich)

This post was updated on .
I have been pointed at this advert on Gumtree.

I emailed the advertiser on 28 May asking for some more details, such as name and sail number, but have received no response as yet. The asking price is £750, which includes a trailer that is in need of attention.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SeaHawk: Norwich

It's three months to the day since I was informed of a SeaHawk advertised on Gumtree.

I never did get a response to my enquiry about it made at that time.

The original advert shows as "no longer available", but the boat appears to have been re-advertised under the same heading and price (£750). There are three new photographs of the boat and, from what I remember of the original description, the new one is a little fuller.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Again the  SeaHawk advertised on Gumtree seems to have disappeared, so I am assuming it is sold or withdrawn.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Guess what! That SeaHawk has reappeared on Gumtree! Still asking £750.

I'm away from home at the moment and can't check my previous images of the boat, but this time I see evidence of a black boom, which suggests its a very early boat.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SeaHawk: March (Cambs)

Guess what! This boat is back on the market again!

Throughout most of 2012, when it was to be found in Norwich, this boat was advertised on Gumtree. Now it is on eBay.

I never posted the images from the advert two years ago so, for historical interest only, here are a couple of them:
SeaHawk on Gumtree

SeaHawk on Gumtree

Some observations and thoughts occur to me...

This would appear to be a very early boat. There are three main indicators:

• The lack of anchor locker in the cabin
• The slot in the keel handle plate
• The recessed cockpit locker to port

The thumb hole in the keel hinge bolt cover is something else that only seems to have been provided on early boats.

It is definitely of Reedcraft vintage, not Moore's, and would be expected to have exposed ballast. See:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/promotion/index.htm#reedcraft1970
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/description/dating.htm#ballast

It would also be expected to have had a black anodised mast and boom. The Gumtree photos hint at the boom being original (the boom shape and hint of black colour). Holt Allen fittings would not be the norm, so those seeking a replacement mast might want to be in contact with the seller as this could be the source of a suitable replacement, should the buyer want to proceed with the motor conversion.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SeaHawk: March (Cambs)

GregSeaHawk wrote
Guess what! This boat is back on the market again!

Throughout most of 2012, when it was to be found in Norwich, this boat was advertised on Gumtree. Now it is on eBay.
It seems the winning bid was £330.
Greg Chapman