classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SOLD - Pip II #68: Hickling

This post was updated on .
Pip II has just appeared on eBay, featuring a very honest description of her current state.

You can see the images I took of her in 2004 on the Pip II page in the Gallery section, one I created in the early days of this site and not updated since.

It was the then owner of Pip II, Tim Stringer, that persuaded me to buy a SeaHawk, so I have a certain affinity for this particular boat. I had been considering other slightly larger and more modern designs, but he did exactly the same kind of sailing I planned to do - solo weekend cruises on the Broads.

Tim convinced me of something I was ready to believe, that the modern tendency towards high aspect short-boomed, mains and giant furling genoas were pretty useless when one often would need to spend an hour or more tacking every 20-30 seconds. Tim so loved this particular boat that he bought it back from the people he sold it too not once but twice, finally letting it go after redundancy led him to concentrate on still cheaper forms of boating.

Sorry! This is more a reminisce than an advert. See what Tim has to say in his Review of the SeaHawk.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography