Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SeaHawks in the US

Tim Dorr
Hello all! As a hobby I help out a local marina here in the US when they 'inherit' boats that they in turn need to sell. Often these boats are local orphans in that few if any were produced or imported into the States. As a result in trying to find new homes for the boats I have to research origins, builders and other useful information. I am on such a quest with a SeaHawk Mk II. The boat has a deep cockpit, is approximately 28 feet in length and has a fairly sophisticated extruded aluminum mast in that it is bendy, tapered, single raked spreaders and upper jumper shrouds. The mast is deck stepped.

If anyone can direct me toward a builder, designer or otherwise has some information regarding such a sailboat it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tim Dorr    
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SeaHawks in the US

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tim,

You certainly have a mystery boat there!

I only know of two yachts called SeaHawk that were produced in Europe.

That featured on this site was a one-off for its various builders. None were major players producing a range of yachts. Certainly, there was no "SeaHawk 28" produced by any of them.

The other SeaHawk I know of was produced by Westerly who were a major manufacturer of a large range of boats. However, it was a 34/35 footer, so doesn't sound like the boat you have. See:
http://www.yachtsnet.co.uk/archives/westerly-seahawk/westerly-seahawk.htm

You are welcome to post a few photos here, but you may be better off posting on the forum at:
http://www.ybw.com/forums/index.php
I find the folk there very knowledgeable and most helpful.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SeaHawks in the US

Tom Altee
In reply to this post by Tim Dorr
Tim - I have a 1973 Seahawk 17.  Call me anytime 904 993 2156 - I'm in Jacksonville, Florida.