Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stainless steel Pulpit.

Greywing
For the record, and in case anyone else wants a pulpit, Mick Kemp from Marine-Weld says that they still have the jigs for making the Sea-hawk pulpit, at an current (eye watering?) price of £396.00.
Take me a while to save up for that!
Reply | Threaded
|

brian johnson
My local welder made my neighbour a pulpit for a small Westerly for £200 including materials.  Fabricated on site with no jig, just by eye. Worked a treat!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Greywing
I think I'll try sailing without one first, then if I decide to do it I'll contact you for details of your guy, Brian. Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Greywing
I am surprised that Marine Weld have a jig for the pulpit, given the variation in pulpits that you see on SeaHawks. However, they certainly had drawings of a good number of parts for a SeaHawk when I  had my tabernacle made by them. That didn't stop them producing something that was nothing like what I was expecting. What I got was something altogether beefier than that which is so common on Moore's built boats.

It amazes me to realise that it was twelve years ago that I had mine made. The stainless steel still has its near mirror-quality finish.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography