Stainless steel Pulpit.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Greywing Greywing
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stainless steel Pulpit.

When I bought Puffin, I didn't notice the lack of a pulpit, but having studied some other boats in the gallery, I realize that many have one fitted - presumably an optional extra when new. Does anyone have a drawing of one or can anyone give me the dimensions/positions of the flanges for mounting on the fore-deck? Any help would be much appreciated. I can then get one fabricated.

Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stainless steel Pulpit.

Hey, where do you live? If you are any where near London you are more than welcome to measure mine as a template.

Greywing Greywing
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Perry, I've just brought the boat up to Norfolk from Chichester day before yesterday - I should have asked the question earlier! Thanks for the offer though.
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Well, if you are ever down this way, offer is there!

Sent from my iPhone
Marsh Marigold Marsh Marigold
Reply | Threaded
|

There are several SeaHawks moored at Hickling broad behind the Pleasure Boat inn and you should have no trouble finding one to measure.
Victoria

Sent from my iPad
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Greywing
Are you determined to do it yourself? If not and as you're Norfolk based, then this post may be of interest:

http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/Obtaining-Steelwork-td1983587.html

Marine Weld constructed my tabernacle back in 2005, and at that time still had drawings for various SeaHawk bits.

Also, if near Stalham, or East Ruston to be precise, then you're welcome to visit to measure up my pulpit.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Gentle Reminder For iThingy Users

I don't want to discourage folk from posting from their iPads and iPhones, but if you do can I encourage you to delete all the trailing quotes from previous posts. (You'll find that I've edited your posts to remove them.)

Better still, rather than tapping "Reply" in your email program, tap on the link in the footer of the email. This takes you directly to the post and allows you to respond through the forum itself.

Quoting the original text in emails clutters the forum with repeats of information already on the page and means you get highly misleading multiple results when searching the forum for information.

Thanks for your co-operation. Apologies not needed as they'll only clutter this topic.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Perry Perry
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gentle Reminder For iThingy Users

point taken....its when i reply on my iphone....i will delete existing text in future.

Thanks

P
Greywing Greywing
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by GregSeaHawk
Thanks Greg,
No, I don't intend to do it myself, but I was planning on giving a fabricator a drawing or at least the measurements, but now as you have pointed me at Marine weld I will go straight to them. Thanks, and thanks to all who responded to this thread.
Mike (Greywing)
brian johnson brian johnson
Reply | Threaded
|

Good article on making a pulpit in this month's PBO.  I had one made years ago by a young lad who was learning to TIG weld - he did a great job!