classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tom Callaway

Callawhale
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my Seahawk 17 tonight. Was gifted it by a friend at work who had it sat for 2 years in his garden.

Sailed for around 15 years but mainly on catamarans (Shearwater and Dart 18) but now excited to get my missus on the water with me.

Not sure of name of boat or sail no. yet but will have a look at the sails tomorrow.

Needs some TLC but hope to have her in the water next summer.

Thanks

IMG_20180823_211338_181.jpg

IMG_20180823_211338_183.jpg
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tom Callaway

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Do take a look at our FAQ on Uploading Images. It should allow you to get them looking a bit more like this:

Unnamed Boat

Unnamed Boat

Have you got a name for her yet? Is there a sail number? (I'm guessing yours would be in the two hundreds, as the cockpit rails are in keeping with that vintage of build.)

A dark green hull is rare. I know I've seen photographs of more than one example, but I can only find Dipper (#126) in my collection, and that doesn't appear to be your boat.

Your trailer looks as if it's a custom built job as well.

All in all, an interesting project. I wish you well with her.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Callawhale
Hi thanks for the welcome.

Forgot to say, I'm from Eling near Southampton.

I have spoken to the guy who I got the boat off and he has found these pictures of my boat when she was new.

He also found that the boat is named "Mallard of Kilmesdon". However I would like to rename her to something a bit less of a mouthful.

Having opened up the sails she's number 275.

Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

brian johnson
Hi Tom
I own Mustang (daft name for a Seahawk 17 but not my choice) which sails in Lyme Bay and the Camel estuary.  Your boat is as Greg says very rare with the green hull.  I would call her just "Mallard"  as she is green!   I brought my boat back from the dead by dealing with a very crazed gel coat, a jammed keel, baggy sails and leaking crazed windows. She now looks very smart and sails very well for a 17' boat - saw off several Shrimpers this year on the Camel!  Happy to help with rigging, restoring, etc. although most info is on this site thanks to Greg's stirling efforts.  
Brian