Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Wind Dancer Sails - Tom White's Company

Tom Altee
Tom White from Wind Dancer Sails ( http://www.winddancersailmakers.com/ ) came by to measure for a new set of sails and really liked her a lot more than he was prepared to.  I designed a great Osprey Sea Eagle/Hawk logo for the main sail. Found a crew just in from the Bahamas standing around checking her out today. Also the repairs to the keel lift, the keel swing pin my buddy John working on the forward hatch. And did I mention it was some great weather here in North Florida today with the high temp at about 63* and quite sunny. Perfect sailing weather.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Wind Dancer Sails - Tom White's Company

brian johnson
This post was updated on .
Hi Tom
Seems you will soon be sailing your little Osprey!  I think you will be surprised how well she sails especially with crisp new sails.  I've just treated my Sea Hawk (Mustang) to a new mainsail from Jeckylls so can't wait to get her back on the water.
That's going to be in few months time as it is 3 degrees C and blowing a howling nor'westerly with frequent sleet showers.  Even my professional fishing mates are tied up in harbour, spending much time in the pub! 
Great job on the keel btw
Cheers
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Altee
In reply to this post by Tom Altee
Thanx Brian. Weather is perfect. Always is in the winter. Our summers are brutal. We run from air conditioner to air conditioner. We only sail at sunset and night in the summer. Thanx for the props. Come to Florida and Ill give you all free sails you can deal with.
Reply | Threaded
|

brian johnson
This post was updated on .
I've only ever been to Florida in the winter when I visited the Everglades, but I can imagine summers are torrid.
I might well be back next winter if my birdwatching mates are up for it, so will of course look you up!
Happy sailing
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Tom Altee
In reply to this post by Tom Altee
We live in the northern part of the State some 400 miles from the Everglades. Much milder up here. Just as many bald eagles, ospreys, egrets, herons, etc. They stand around in our yards.  Get map of Florida. We live in Jacksonville on the St Johns river. Ring us up if ever you are here.