Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

new boat

harry
picked up my seahawk,750 mile trip but well worth it,it was loulabell,but is now called prue,sail number 371 (if that is correct),I think I have a stuck keel,but will work on that when I get it on my mooring today,in the bag of sail gear,i found an item shaped like a hors shoe with two rollers in the end,dont know what it isor where it fits,may be just a bit of gear from another boat,any ideas,have been on a lot of boat forums,but congratulation this is by far the best laid out one,regards harry   sail safe
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new boat

Marsh Marigold
This post was updated on .
Probably to put round the boom so that you can still have a kicking strap when you've rolled the sail round the boom to reef it.
Good luck with the centre plate.
V&A

Sent from my iPad
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: new boat

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Harry,

Without photos or a fuller description, I'd agree with Victoria.

You may have missed my response to your Introductory post, but here's some pictures that I have on file from your boats past...

First a couple the show her old name...

Lulubelle Stern

Lulubelle Bow

...then one showing her cabin and a sail with a red number on it. (Today was the first time I have noticed the red number in this photo!)

Lulubelle Cabin

Finally, and it was on the most recent eBay advert that I had seen this one posted, which shows the number 231. My files have shown Lulubelle with the number 371 for a while, so someone must have mentioned that number, but for the reasons I gave in my reply to your introduction I think 231 a far more likely indication of the true sail number.

Lulubelle Sail

Just 17 Sail NumberIncidentally, the sails I got with Just 17 when I bought her in 2004 also had red numbers on and were sails with the appropriate Jeckells logo for her age. She is number 267. The original SeaHawk logo was missing, but its position could be seen from the adhesive residue. Yours is the only other SeaHawk I have seen with a red sail number. Furthermore, you'll see that both boats have the starboard number above the port and both are aligned with the battens, so I now think must have reflected the standard for that period and is another one of those little snippets of SeaHawk history you have helped me uncover.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography