classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
rob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

propshaft size for inboard engine?

rob
Does anyone know what size propshaft the seahawk uses with the inboard engine I have yet to collect the boat and need to put it straight in the water was gonna plug with softwood dowell but if I can fit the shaft with a prop on it Wud be perfect ( the stern gland stuff exists) I know I should have taken a measurement when I viewed the boat

Also I have no use for the cockpit sole engine cover so if anyone needs one i only need the postage paying
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: propshaft size for inboard engine?

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Rob,

I'm afraid I can't help. Inboard engines are pretty rare and I don't recall any owner writing to me privately who hasn't also posted on the forum. I've lost contact with the owner of the only local inboard engined boat I ever saw - and I only ever saw it from above with the engine hatch closed.

Use the forum search facility to see if you can find a possible contact. Be aware that clicking on any forum's username will get you to a screen where you can email them. It will be a bit of a long shot and assumes that they are still using the same address.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
rob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: propshaft size for inboard engine?

rob
Thank you for all the help it's a bit overwhelming I don't really do Internet at all sorry if I've sent too many daft emails I will refrain from it henceforth I am on my own and talk only to my cat. also I just plug with dowel for now ( my mirror had a drumstick in the drain hole for years so thinking it'll be ok)
Thank you again for all your help and a brilliant Web site

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018, GregSeaHawk [via SeaHawk Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I'm afraid I can't help. Inboard engines are pretty rare and I don't recall any owner writing to me privately who hasn't also posted on the forum. I've lost contact with the owner of the only local inboard engined boat I ever saw - and I only ever saw it from above with the engine hatch closed.
>
> Use the forum search facility to see if you can find a possible contact. Be aware that clicking on any forum's username will get you to a screen where you can email them. It will be a bit of a long shot and assumes that they are still using the same address.
> Greg Chapman
> GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
>
> ________________________________
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://seahawk-forum.968426.n3.nabble.com/propshaft-size-for-inboard-engine-tp4025055p4025059.html
> To unsubscribe from propshaft size for inboard engine?, click here.
> NAML