Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

replacement hatch door needed

peter o'sullivan
i have just purchased john B and would like to get an original hatch door,doe's anyone now if this is possible? regards Pete.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: replacement hatch door needed

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Peter,

peter o'sullivan wrote
i have just purchased john B and would like to get an original hatch door,doe's anyone now if this is possible? regards Pete.
Unfortunately, there is no supplier of spare parts for a SeaHawk. You'll find tales of the destruction of some of the original moulds recorded at:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/history/index.htm#after

However, it should not be a difficult job for anyone used to working in GRP to make up a mould in order to produce a door and there are plenty of boat building companies in your area so I suspect a firm, or even an individual, could be found locally who could do the job.

However, I have no idea of the going rate for such work as a one-off (GRP is so much more suited to batch production). You may find that it is far cheaper to make up something in plywood.

I also know that there are a number of SeaHawk owners in your area, or those who are familiar with it. If they come forward they may be able to assist by at least letting you see close up what a SeaHawk cabin door should look like.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography