classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
rob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

rob taylor

rob
Hello I live on boat on canal near London it is pedal powered you can see it in action on u tube under robs pedal boat anyway it has bilge keels that are a pain and putting a tabernacle on an unstayed mast is beyond me (it's a junk rig) so I am looking for a boat which I can live on and take out for my holidays the seahawk looks to be perfect a step up from the dinghies ive sailed (I've not sailed the kingfisher so I would like a seahawk I don't drive so have no need for a trailer but would need it delivering to the river lea or stort where I currently continuously cruise thanks rob
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: rob taylor

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the time I took to give you "Member" status.

Wow! That is some outfit! Would the SeaHawk be an addition to that combination, replace part of it or be a completely separate vessel?

Bilge fins will certainly create problems when mooring against a canal tow path, as they tend have no depth. A SeaHawk would be better, but looks as if it will be smaller than the current yacht in your combination, and it looks as if you need something bigger than what you have currently.

Experience here suggests that asking for delivery may be a bit much, but if I had something to offer you I'd certainly be interested to come and see your vessel, so you never know what offers you might get!

I also hang out on a home boat builders forum (UK-HBBR) and I'm sure some of the folk there would be intrigued by some of what you have there - though they do tend to be people who are serial builders of works of art rather than folk who who take boating seriously - certainly a clash of cultures! :-)

Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography