Show Tips
Sort by relevance | Sorted by date
Found 75 matching posts for furling jib in SeaHawk Forum Showing posts 13 to 24.
Hello Brian, thank you for your reply. I will contact them.
in Help Desk by Elly — 25 replies in thread
Hi Elly I didn't buy a new job for my boat - it was a mainsail - but if I did I would only buy from Jeckells! They have the dimensions of all Seahawk sails and make superb quality sails at a very reasonable price. For a new furling sail I would probably buy a genoa so that it could be used to...
in Help Desk by brian johnson — 25 replies in thread
Hello, Did you manage to get a good furling jib for your boat. what did you buy? I am asking because i am looking to buy it for my boat Sunny. Thanks for your reply. Happy sailing, Elly
in Help Desk by Elly — 25 replies in thread
... sea in cornwall in the 60's. (Mainly in a Hurley 20 yacht). Gregg however has more background with inland sailing on rivers. With a smaller jib you can indeed dragg it from side to side at will. With a genoa the technique is different, you have to wait for the wind to push the sail across rather...
in General Discussion by ianhurley20 — 7 replies in thread
... the standard jib, or the luff of the standard and large genoa on the existing rig. My impression is that it is the latter. From my print on A4 paper, I then get a conversion factor of 28,2 and not 32 as indicated for the original. For other measures, I ended up with slightly different conversion...
in General Discussion by hardbob — 7 replies in thread
Hi there. We sail our Seahawk on the open sea with roller furling jib. In winds over Force 3 we use the normal small jib but in light winds we use the original Genoa which looks around 120%. I wouldn't go much larger than that because things could get a bit lively in strong gusts. Having said...
in General Discussion by brian johnson — 7 replies in thread
Today the site header has been given an new logo/banner. The position of the main menu button and search box have also been tweaked so they fit better on all sizes of screen. A new page has been added on some Jib Furling Systems . It can be reached via the menu options: OWNERS...
in Announcements and FAQs by GregSeaHawk — 25 replies in thread
Thanks for the observation. So fare I only have the jib. But with time and experience, a Genoa might also be part of Totte's inventory. Especially if I end up getting all the pieces for the Wonderfurl. Best regards, T
in Help Desk by hardbob — 25 replies in thread
Hi Thomas, Going back to Perry's note on roller reefing not really being needed for a Seahawk, I think I agree with this without having much experience on the matter. My main objective is to have a roller furling so that it is easy to get the jib in and out + the storage advantage. Just a minor...
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 25 replies in thread
Hi again and thanks for the many useful replies on this topic. Going back to Perry's note on roller reefing not really being needed for a Seahawk, I think I agree with this without having much experience on the matter. My main objective is to have a roller furling so that it is easy to get the...
in Help Desk by hardbob — 25 replies in thread
Sorry Greg I completely forgot to send the images to you! I took these when the mast was down but I think they show how the furler works. The jib is hoisted on a block attached to the top of the foil so no chance of the forestay getting twisted. Note the link line on port side of the bow that...
in Help Desk by brian johnson — 25 replies in thread
...No I won't! They all come out sideways which is just as unhelpful! I have a feeling that it's the owner at Nabble, the hosts at the forum, that is messing with the system. He is threatening to close it down as he says it is unprofitable, so I am currently investigating alternative forum......
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 25 replies in thread
« Prev 12 - Next 12 »
Show Tips