Show Tips
Sorted by relevance | Sort by date
Found 75 matching posts for furling jib in SeaHawk Forum Showing posts 25 to 36.
Hi Elly I didn't buy a new job for my boat - it was a mainsail - but if I did I would only buy from Jeckells! They have the dimensions of all Seahawk sails and make superb quality sails at a very reasonable price. For a new furling sail I would probably buy a genoa so that it could be used to...
in Help Desk by brian johnson — 25 replies in thread
Hi Elly Sorry about the late reply. I bought most parts of a "Nemo Wonderfurl TR model" cheap in used condition, and later secured additional parts in new condition directly from the Nemo supplier in Italy. I have not yet installed this furling gear and I am looking to get some professional help...
in Help Desk by hardbob — 25 replies in thread
Hi Thomas I don't have a picture of the two eyes as the boat is in storage under a heavy cover until June. One of the eyes is in the standard position with the other about 2' further aft. I think the aft eye was originally intended for the genoa rather than used for furling purposes. AFAIK...
... were posted as file attachments and easy to deal with as one was forced to open them in an image viewer app outside the forum. I have a half prepared page dating from that time that is almost ready to post on the main site. It was going to cover both furling and reefing systems, but I was...
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 25 replies in thread
Sorry Greg I completely forgot to send the images to you! I took these when the mast was down but I think they show how the furler works. The jib is hoisted on a block attached to the top of the foil so no chance of the forestay getting twisted. Note the link line on port side of the bow that...
As a side note I have found an easy way of raising the mast if anyone is struggling...
in General Discussion by 2011venator — 18 replies in thread
...Yes more or less Gregg but I have not got a tabernacle just the alloy plate but I have found that if I line the mast up carefully i can push (using my not inconsiderable weight behind it) the bottom end of the mast down and put the bolt in before hoisting the mast up with the block and tackle,makes......
I think from the sound of it I am missing several components as I have no collar at the top and no cleat at the bottom. pictures are on the way
This is the drum at the base sorry it is a poor picture but I used a notepad Hard to tell but there is no cleat for a halyard on the pole or the drum
Hi Greg I'll take some pics when the boat is in the water and the mast is up in late April then email them to you. Cheers Brian
in General Discussion by brian johnson — 18 replies in thread
Thought I'd have a go at enhancing Stuart's photos. These were the results: Not perfect, but they make some things a little more clear.
in General Discussion by GregSeaHawk — 18 replies in thread
« Prev 12 - Next 12 »
Show Tips