Show Tips
Sort by relevance | Sorted by date
Found 75 matching posts for furling jib in SeaHawk Forum Showing posts 1 to 12.
Thank you Victoria, again very helpful. I will be sure to read through your furling jib posts, as this appeals to me long term. This forum is a Gold mine.
in Introduce Yourself by Countrysideguy — 7 replies in thread
... their boats were supplied with a large jib, rather than a genoa. It didn't reach past the shrouds and the sheets were designed to be taken inside them. I had no furling gear and would take the sheets on the Genoa outside the shrouds to the aft fairlead. While the jib sheets needed to pass...
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 25 replies in thread
Hi Thomas I don't have a picture of the two eyes as the boat is in storage under a heavy cover until June. One of the eyes is in the standard position with the other about 2' further aft. I think the aft eye was originally intended for the genoa rather than used for furling purposes. AFAIK...
in Help Desk by brian johnson — 25 replies in thread
Hi Brian Do you have a picture showing where you have attached additional eyes on the cabin roof for various degree of furling? Best regards, Thomas (Hardbob)
in Help Desk by hardbob — 25 replies in thread
This is what Mark from Jeckells replied when presented these numbers and asked about the size of a standard Genoa for Seahawk17: "Thank you for your email regarding Furling Genoa for your Seahawk 17. I do have slightly different sizes on File as I have a foot which is 2.64 m and a Luff of...
in Help Desk by hardbob — 5 replies in thread
Hello Greg, Thank you again! I have confidence in this sizes. I wil order this size. I will post a photo from Sunny with her new jib this spring. Greetings and happy sailing in 2021 Elly from Sunny
in Help Desk by Elly — 5 replies in thread
The small jib measures about: Foot: 462px = 1.9m Luff: 978px = 4.02m Leech: 926px = 3.81m Do appreciate I am only measuring from a rough hand sketch drawn at quite a small scale, so these may not be the exact measurements from a real sail, but I don't think any sail will be cut millimetre perfect, so believe these should be good enough to pass to a sailmaker.
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 5 replies in thread
Hello Grec, Thank you so much! I appreciate it a lot. I think I want to order de smallest one, the std jib. Could you give these measuremenst also? Thank you! I will post a picture of my refitted boat in spring. Greetings, Elly
I've taken the best drawing I have (https://www.seahawk17.org.uk/images/largerig.gif). This shows the outline of three possible fore sails for the standard height mast called the "Std Jib", "Genoa" and "Large Genoa". I loaded the image into software (The GIMP) that allows me to measure a line...
in Help Desk by GregSeaHawk — 5 replies in thread
Hello all, I just cannot figure it out how big (or small) the jib should be when I am going to replace it. Could someone give me the size breferable in meters for an normal size furling jib ? Like #406 the blue one? (I read all the pages about sails but it is too technical and english for me......) Thank you so much in advance. Greetings and happy sailing Elly from Sunny
Hi Elly Sorry about the late reply. I bought most parts of a "Nemo Wonderfurl TR model" cheap in used condition, and later secured additional parts in new condition directly from the Nemo supplier in Italy. I have not yet installed this furling gear and I am looking to get some professional help...
in Help Desk by hardbob — 25 replies in thread
Yes, thank you Brian
in Help Desk by Elly — 25 replies in thread
Next 12 »
Show Tips