4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adam Turner - C-Auk

Adam Turner
This post was updated on .
Good evening all,

I have just joined the site,  and am the proud new owner of C- Auk. I found this site of great use when contemplating the purchase and look forward to sending pictures of her for tour enjoyment, she will remain here in Norfolk and kept at Catfield. Any info on her would be greatly appreciated. Yours Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adam Turner - C-Auk

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Adam,

Glad you have found the site useful and great to have you register on the site.

As you probably know, C-Auk has had an interesting history. I take it that you haven't acquired Peter's experimental rig, because I would have loved the opportunity to try a cruise with it!

Looking forward to seeing any pictures that you have of her and any modifications you make.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Adam Turner
Hi,
Feel free to have a look at her, she is at Catfield Staithe at the moment- she doesnt have that rig pictured, I wouldn't know where to start with it ;-)
I haven't taken her out yet as been doing a few jobs (I will mail some pictures) she has a shorter main on now, the gooseneck had been moved higher but the sails seem good.

I haven't found out much yet, but am searching still. If you have more info that would be great as it would be good to prepare a little handbook of her history.

Kind regards Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
I did solicit a look round C-Auk in a few years ago and got a good number of photographs, but I can't remember who was the owner at that time. I've used some on the site, where I describe the features found on the versions produced by different builders. You'll find references in the For Sale section of the forum too.

I think I have recorded all I know of the history of C-Auk at:
https://www.seahawk17.org.uk/boat-history.php#pyefleet

There are some pictures of the cabin and cockpit lockers in a discussion on buoyancy at:
https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/A-SeaHawk-Hull-as-a-Fishing-Boat-tp4023900p4023903.html
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography