3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Allard Brand

Fjoer
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

My name is Allard Brand, I live in the Netherlands and recently restored a Seahawk 17 which we currently sail on the Eemmeer.

The Seahawk has been in our family for quite some time, my parents bought it in 2011 and I took it over when they bought a larger boat. The boat had several flaws back then. Because of this I decided to almost completely redo both the exterior and interior. While working on this I have read through a lot of the pages on this website and forum; thank you Greg for this great source of information! 

When the boat was bought, the name was unknown. We named the boat 'Fjoer', which means 'Fire'. The boat was launched this summer. We absolutely love to sail with it!

I hope to make some more improvements to the boat this winter; the current plans are to replace the rudder and to install a 12v system + shore power. I'm looking forward to be a part of this Seahawk community!

Some pictures before and during the overhaul:

And after:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Allard Brand

brian johnson
Welcome Allard!

Great job on the Seahawk!  Did she have the side rails and pulpit originally?   Lovely places to sail in the Netherlands - perfect for a Seahawk.  

Well done
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Allard Brand

Fjoer
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply and compliment! Unfortunately, she did not have the side rails and pulpit when we got her. I believe the original owner did not purchase these options.

By the way, if you were wondering as well, my previous question about the jamming keel has been moved (rightly so) to the help desk section. Thanks a lot for your advice on how to solve this, I will definitely look into this!

Kind regards,

Allard