5 messages Options
TQ
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tim Quinn

TQ
This post was updated on .

Hello. Just bought The Miko from Kirk in New Hampshire. Got her home and took a closer look at the keel and ballast. Water has gotten in and dissolved the wood of the drop keel trunk, and corroded the loose steel ballast into a thick chunky rust stew. Reading stories from posts here, has convinced me that action should be taken before the wobbly center board trunk and drop keel can conspire to ruin my fun.
We will spend the winter in the back yard in Kittery, Maine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tim Quinn

brian johnson
Nice looking boat Tim!    
Keep us posted on how you repair the keel box - there are at least two others on here with similar issues.  Any idea how the boat ended up in the States?  Looks like an early Reedcraft boat with a tabernacle so perhaps came from the Norfolk Broads here in the UK.
Regards
Brian
Reply | Threaded
|

Interesting Boom Fittings

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
In reply to this post by TQ
I was intrigued by the fittings on the The Milo's boom.

Boom Fittings

Any theories on what they are for?
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Interesting Boom Fittings

Fjoer
GregSeaHawk wrote
Any theories on what they are for?
We have the same fitting as part of our mast; the boom is attached to the mast using this pin. In the picture I attached below it is tied for transport, but I'm quite sure it is the same part.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Interesting Boom Fittings

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Thanks Allard. Now I feel a fool. Seeing your photo, with it fitted in the position in which it is used on the mast, it is obvious what it is.

I was misled as my mast fitting was somewhat different and the orginal showed it on the side of the boom where I thought it was fitted, not just lying there.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography