classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Jadria 2738 Jadria 2738
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Julia & Adrian Moran

Afternoon all,
We are new members to this group after purchasing our Seahawk 17 ‘Zephyr’ ( sail #392) yesterday. She is currently blue & off white but looks as if she was originally red & white. Got a few busy months getting her back to former glory & hopefully back in the water for a proper sail before end October.
If anyone could recommend a good sail maker it would be really appreciated, & if anyone has any information on her I would love to here it, thanks 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼
brian johnson brian johnson
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Julia & Adrian Moran

Welcome to the fleet!   Greg may have records of your boat - the name sounds familiar.  I always have my sails made by Jeckells in Wroxham because they have Seahawk 17 sizes on their database, guarantee the sails for about 5 years, make superb quality sails here in the UK and last but not least always beat their competitors on price.  http://www.jeckells.co.uk/

You will not regret buying your boat - they sail really well and are easy to trail. We are taking ours down to Cornwall in 3 weeks time for some fun on the Camel.

Brian
Jadria 2738 Jadria 2738
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks Brian that’s really helpful. She really is quite special & I already feel very happy with her even in her current state so can’t wait to get her up & running again
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Both!

If you use the "Search site" facility you'll find a couple of records of Zephyr being sold and some clues about possible contacts who may know more of her history.

Unfortunately, Nabble, the folk host this forum are going through troubles at the moment, and I am not sure that my usual advice of clicking on a user name and following the links to allow you to email another user will work currently. To maintain their privacy, send me any emails to "greg@" (you know the rest!) and I will forward them to the addresses I have (which, of course, may no longer be current).

The three photos I have of Zephyr show her in the common blue/off-white colours. Unfortunately, I cannot be certain when they were taken as the EXIF data in the files show a date/time of an October evening in 2005, yet the three are taken in what appears mid-afternoon much earlier in the year. I'll see if I can find any emails from Barry Wood's period of ownership as I guess it is likely that he sent them to me.

Maybe I'm biassed as someone who managed to book some time to visit and interview Chris Jeckells and was allowed to spend a few hours trawling through the company files, but I'd back Brian's recommendation as a sail supplier.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography