Last Sunset Sail at Madarin Marina

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Last Sunset Sail at Madarin Marina

My last sail out of Mandarin Marina along Julington Creek in North Florida.  I'm pulling the Rose onto dry for a month of repairs, updates and tweaking.  Then she will be trailered around the United States for sailing adventures in various locals - The Florida Keys, New York Harbor, Charleston Harbor, Beaufort, South Carolina, the Great Lakes, Lake Champlain (between New York, Vermont and Canada), Halifax Harbor, San Francisco Bay, Pugent Sound and maybe Newport, California. Stay tuned - The United States is a big place.

brian johnson brian johnson
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Last Sunset Sail at Madarin Marina

Hi Tom
Compared to a cold wet English winter, that sail looks amazing!  Good luck with the US tour - a Seahawk off Manhattan would be quite something! Hoping for lots of pics and vids to cheer us all up :)
All the best
Brian
Tom Altee Tom Altee
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Last Sunset Sail at Madarin Marina

In reply to this post by Tom Altee
I bought a Union Jack in a blue field. I'm going to hoist it while sailing around the Statue of Liberty. Classic school boy prank at 62. The Keys will be fun and Lake Champlain is gorgeous set between the Adirondack mnts in upstate New York and the Green mnts of Vermont - 4 miles wide and 150 miles long. Beautiful. Charleston harbor is a good one too. We usually book in at a marina for a month and I alternate between my van and a hotel for sleeping. Depends if the girlfriend is there lol. We should check schedules. You could fly in and join the fun for a week or so. It would just be airfare and meals.