classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Mikem1325 Mikem1325
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newbie here

Hi All,
Recently purchased a Seahawk. No name on boat atm. Will be sailing on Lough Derg 2023 fingers crossed. Some work required so may have to tap into extensive knowledge on this site. Thanks.
Countrysideguy Countrysideguy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Newbie here

Congratulations!  I hope you don't have as much work as I've taken on for myself.   Will be worth it mind.  Perhaps with some photos, Gregg or another member could provide you with some history.  Best of luck!
Michael
Pippin #120 - Ullswater, The Lake District
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Indeed, I will try to provide as much history as I can of any SeaHawk, but I only recall getting hints about an example in Ireland, through seeing a broker's advert for one, probably in 2005! The only reason I remember it was because it was accompanied by the photograph you see in the black bordered handbill you see at:

https://www.seahawk17.org.uk/boat-marketing-pbshandbill.php

And the reason I remember it was because it was the first photo I'd seen of a SeaHawk with an "H" logo on the sail. It was only later I learnt of Isolde which, to date, is the only other example of which I know.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Mikem1325 Mikem1325
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Mikem1325
Thanks Greg. Really looking forward to getting it out on the water next Spring. Moving from a Laser. Seemed like the next step. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure how to compress them . No big jobs, just small jobs and probably will have to get new sails 2024. All manageable fingers crossed!
Mikem1325 Mikem1325
Reply | Threaded
|

Thanks for the welcome Michael, looking forward to the challenge over these winter months, keep me out of mischief !