classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
skanker56 skanker56
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SOLD - Nancy Blackett: Wayford, River Ant

This post was updated on .
Hi everybody. Following a sailing incident on Barton Broad last year and my partners reluctance to sail again I have decided to sell my Seahawks 17 " Nancy Blackett ". The boat is currently on brokerage at Wayford Marina but I think the price asked is a bit high and so am posting here in case anyone is interested. First and foremost I must state that the Tabernacle is damaged but apparently repairable. The tabernacle is of the stainless steel type. Otherwise the boat is in nice condition but would benefit from a jet wash.
The boat comes complete with the following.
3 Jibs and one Mainsail. sail number is 3 hundred and something but will update ad soonest. All rope work etc in excellent condition.
Seahawks break back trailer in reasonable condition. Tyres good and well usable.
3.5 Yamaha 4 stroke outboard. 2 years old, Less than 40 hours and has had one service from Yamaha dealer.
A brand new Jeckells boat hood using flexible so as the stays. this covers the whole boat with windows and side entrance doors. this could be modified to become a very posh boom tent etc. Cost £900 last year.

I was looking for about £1000 for the complete package but am open to offers. As I stated earlier the Tabernacle is damaged but repairable. I have filled the bolt holes for the tabernacle but could be easily drilled out. I am willing to split the outboard from the package if not required and would then look for about £750 Ono. Apart from the damage this is a nice well maintained Seahawks 17

The broads toll is paid for 2015 / 2016. My number is 07795 030282. Many Thanks

Stationerystill Stationerystill
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nancy Blackett: Wayford, River Ant

Is it a 2 berth or a 4 berth? Have you got a picture of this cover? The broker only posted 3 pictures.
If you advertise on Apollo Duck you can have 12 pictures. The ad will only cost about £12. I have sold 3 boats on Apollo Duck. If you can keep it at home and sell it yourself you will have more chance of sucess.
The price is not far wrong if you repair the tabernacle first.
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nancy Blackett: Wayford, River Ant

Hi Malcolm,

After hunting down the broker's site:
http://www.wayfordmarineservices.co.uk/product/seahawk-17-bilge-keel-engine-trailer/
I searched this site for both "p113" and "nancy" found a little of her history on a 10 year old page at:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/gallery/uk/seahawkbap113.htm

As she was built from moulds from Moores I suspect she is a four berth. Harry thinks so too! See:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/forum.htm#nabble-td4024075

Incidentally, she is the only home-built SeaHawk that I know of and this would account for the unique cockpit lockers of the Reedcraft design but made of wood.

The EXIF data on my photos on the P113 page reveal I took them on 15 April 2004, just four days after I bought my own SeaHawk and before I created this site. I took a number of photos of SeaHawks around the Pleasure Boat Inn on that day. I guess that's when I was negotiating my own mooring at the pub and accounts for some of the very general comments about the boat, made on studying the differences I found in the photographs I had to hand, when I first created that page when I launched the site.

I remember updating the page the following year with a little of the boat's history after I had the chance meeting with her original owner and builder. I also recall later trying, but failing, to contact him, as I had been told that he had the skills, tools, and whatever, to make me a tabernacle. (In the end I got Marine Weld at North Walsham to do the job. They built something for me that was a little different to what was typically supplied with Moore's vintage SeaHawks However, I believe they were the supplier of all SeaHawk steel work throughout Reedcraft and Moore's manufacture and I would think they could do the work to fix a problem tabernacle with ease, and even supply a pulpit.)

There's also a more recent forum post at:
http://www.seahawk17.org.uk/forum.htm#nabble-td4024173
There Harry offers a better clue on the sail number. Whichever turns out to be the right one, that would date it amongst the more modern of SeaHawks. If Nancy Blackett is still as bare inside as Harry suggests then this could be an ideal boat for someone to take on without having to feel they are undoing cabin customisation that suited others.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography