26 messages Options
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What's New on the Site

This post was updated on .
The site re-vamp continues.

Today's changes feature further revisions to the main menu system. Some options have changed position.

From now on replies to forum subscription emails will be rejected. You will receive an automated response advising you to return to the original email and to click/tap on the link in its footer. This will take you to the post that appeared on the forum and you can respond there.

The problem with email replies to forum posts is that they normally contain the text of the original post. If lengthy email threads develop then search results produce innumerable duplicate results making it far more difficult to find the information wanted.

Work will continue over the coming days to improve the display of header image and page titles. Given the new design and range of visitor's screen sizes, currently not all display without overflowing the image.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

Today a large number of page titles have been edited so they display without overflow of the header area on small screens.

Further subtle changes have been made to the main menu system and, for desktop users, additional entries have been made to the "Related Pages" panels on various pages to further assist with navigation around the site.

I also believe I now have the settings sorted on the Site Search facility, so it produces good results from both the forum and pages on the main site.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

This post was updated on .
Today the site header has been given an new logo/banner. The position of the main menu button and search box have also been tweaked so they fit better on all sizes of screen.

A new page has been added on some Jib Furling Systems. It can be reached via the menu options:

OWNERS > Customisations > Sailing > Furling Jibs

Thanks to Brian and Victoria for the photos and information on these.

With over 130 pages on the main site and more than 600 topics on the forum - growing at one a week since the COVID-19 lock down, some have said it can be difficult to find the information that you want. In response, additional information has been added to the Home Page about how the main menu is arranged which should help you navigate the site.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

I've finally managed to solve an issue with the main menu when using a mobile phone or other small screen device. The [+] button to the right of many options, through which you access deeper levels, tended to disappear off the edge of the screen. It now stays where it should!

I've also re-styled the headings on each page so the "up-arrow" graphic, which is a button that takes you to the top of the page, is now a little larger and easier to tap.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk wrote
I've finally managed to solve an issue with the main menu when using a mobile phone or other small screen device. The [+] button to the right of many options, through which you access deeper levels, tended to disappear off the edge of the screen. It now stays where it should!
It seems that in the one case where the menu reaches down four levels the position of the button was still not as it should have been!

Today I fixed the [+] button at:

OWNERS > Maintenance > Other > Paintwork

It is now positioned correctly.
Greg Chapman
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
|

The page at:
https://www.seahawk17.org.uk/owners-maintenance-rigging-boom.php
has been updated (for the first time since 26 October 2011).

Thanks to a post on the forum, there's now better advice on freeing seized aluminium alloy components.
Greg Chapman