GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Harry,
harry wrote
I cant seemto find the link on how to put photos on site  regards harry
There's a FAQ that answers that.

It starts by saying:

To insert an image in your post:

Probably my fault. By "post" I mean a message that you're writing. So the first thing you do is click on a "New Topic" or "Reply" link just as you have been doing up till now.

It then says:

1. Place the cursor where you want the image to appear

2. Click the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar above the edit area.

That's the biggest button on the toolbar, with an orange icon.

Do read the rest of the FAQ carefully as you may be expecting to see your picture immediately. You won't! Not until you either click the "Preview Message" or "Post Message".

Hope that helps. If you need more help with the forum itself. Post your questions in this "Forum Issues" area.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: photos

ReneDirks
In reply to this post by harry
Hi Harry,
Not an ideal situation, but if it's too complicated to get the pictures posted, maybe use a service like http://postimage.org/ or https://imgsafe.org/ and post the links to the pictures.
Regards
Rene
Reply | Threaded
|

ReneDirks
I just noticed myself that if a picture contains multiple dots in a filename (eg time) nabble doesn't know how to name it and only uses the root name with the extensions. This way pictures get all renamed to the same internal filename and only the last uploaded picture gets used. So it may be needed to rename the pictures before uploading.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Rene,

And I've just realised that in my response to Harry I failed to say you must login first.

If you're not logged in you don't get the toolbar above the message entry box that includes the "Insert Image" button.

Mind you, now I think about it, that only matters on other Nabble forums where unregistered users are allowed to post. Many visitors forget to login in don't see the toolbar and also complain about always having to complete a Captcha.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography