classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Austin Holden

ozzy
hi there,
just sayin hello after an extended period away from the seahawk owners website.
wow! what a change!
Greg, you are a real blessing to us seahawk owners, the commitment, time and energy you are still putting into this is inspiring.

just for the record, i have had a seahawke since, erm, i cannot remember!
think it is about 5 years?

usually sail in morecambe bay, where the sailing can be 'interesting' at times :-)

also own a mirror dinghy, which sometimes can get sailed more often... again in morecambe bay.

just got a waterproof camera, so i'll see if i can get some onboard footage for you guys.

oh, i also modified the trailer to have four docking arms which makes launching and recovery much easier.
let me know if i can be of any help, though there are many here on the forum who have lots more experience,
ozzy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Austin Holden

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Austin,

Good to have you with us!
ozzy wrote
just sayin hello after an extended period away from the seahawk owners website.
wow! what a change!
You've come as I'm in the process of uploading more material. The site had a re-jig earlier this month and I've been working on further pages since. I hope to post a "What's New" on the forum later tonight, so do subscribe, either to the "What's New" topic or the whole forum. You visit the page your interested in, then open the OPTIONS menu. Read the FAQ for more details about how it works. It's a bit more sophisticated than the old mail list.
just for the record, i have had a seahawke since, erm, i cannot remember!
think it is about 5 years?
You picked it up from Glandford, Norfolk, - I seem to recall!
just got a waterproof camera, so i'll see if i can get some onboard footage for you guys.

oh, i also modified the trailer to have four docking arms which makes launching and recovery much easier.
I would really welcome on board fottage. I've just uploaded the first YouTube links on the new "Rudder" page. (Use the new Search facility or click on the OWNERS menu button, then the "Enhancements & Customisations" sub-menu!)

My next project is a re-write of the Trailers page. I would love some material for that. While doing the site re-build at the beginning of the month I realised that a couple of Pedro owners use "piggy-back trailers", or whatever you call the ones where you use a dinghy-style launching trolley to put the boat in the water and winch both trailer and boat onto the road trailer, so keeping all the suspension and brakes clear of the water. Got to be a good idea!
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography