5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Simon Pollington

SimonPollington
This post was updated on .
Hi Everyone,

I am currently without a boat and I'm thinking of a trailer sailer as a practical option.

The SeaHawk appears to be ideal but I would very much like to sail one before looking seriously at buying.

Is there anyone who would be willing to take me for a days sail sometime? Maybe in return for a pub lunch?

I live near Cambridge so anywhere in East Anglia would be perfect.

Many thanks in advance, and congratulations on a very informative website.

Regards,

Simon.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Simon Pollington

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum!

My boat's currently undergoing a re-paint at a local boatyard. I'm hoping to have her back in the water in a couple of weeks.

If you're happy to travel to Hickling Broad then you are welcome to cruise with me for a day.

Have you dropped into the Cam Sailing Club at Waterbeach? There used to be a couple of SeaHawks there. (One has since been sold and, I recall, moved to Scotland) but the other may still be there.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

SimonPollington
Hi Greg,

Hickling Broad sounds wonderful, thank you for the kind invitation. Perhaps you could let me know when you're back on the water and then we can pick a suitable day?

Thanks again for the offer,

Regards

Simon.
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Don't be shy! Keep an eye on my blog! Indeed, subscribe, (It's under the OPTIONS link) so every post reaches you by email as soon as I make it, and then write with a proposal for a date, as soon as it looks as if it will be ready. I can make most days, not just weekends with a couple of days notice.
Greg Chapman
Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
At last! It's months late, but now you can read about Simon's SeaHawk Test - from my point of view.

I hope Simon will provide his own at some point, as I'd like another report for the "Reviews" section of the site.
Greg Chapman