classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Darrel Patterson-Snell

darrel1975
This post was updated on .
Hi, not sure if this forum is still going? I purchased last Lady Lauren earlier this year. Having not been used for a fair few it was in a bit of a state but now looks Great. Based in Essex.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Darrel Patterson-Snell

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Darrel,

Welcome to the forum!

I've just had a chance to look through my SeaHawk photo collection and I don't have any of a boat called "Lady Lauren".

Can you tell us a sail number, the name of a previous owner or earlier name of the boat, Reedcraft or Moore's built, hull or superstructure colour or any distinctive customisations? It would be good to know more.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

darrel1975
Hi yes im desperate to find the history of it. It was previously called Trafs which sounds like a terrible name. I believe there is actually a photo of it on the steelwork section of this website. Its the boat with the blue non skid slip material on the bow. I will work out how to post photos of it on here. It was extremely neglected before i got it and 3 months of hard work has made a huge difference.

Reply | Threaded
|

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
darrel1975 wrote
Hi yes im desperate to find the history of it. It was previously called Trafs which sounds like a terrible name.
Trafs! A search of the site reveals this topic:
https://forum.seahawk17.org.uk/SeaHawk-History-Puzzle-Help-Needed-td4023854.html

For the moment, I've lost track of who the owner of Trafs was in July 2012. Unfortunately, a lot of my SeaHawk emails from that period have got lost. However, I will email to you the four photographs I have of her.

Two were saved to my hard disk on 7 June 2012 and were taken in a busy marina, perhaps the one where you found her. Their EXIF data reveals they were taken on 14 April 2011. The other two were the ones I  took at the Cam Sailing Club, Waterbeach, on 24 June 2007. I still have the trophy I won crewing a Sailfish on that day. I wrote an article about the day which was published in Issue #34 of Anglia Afloat magazine. (No mention of SeaHawks in it!) It's one I'm still to add it to the GregAfloat site!

It looks as if you've done a really good job of bringing Lady Lauren up to scratch!

(PS: I much prefer being emailed photos. The forum software downsizes those you upload and I often find myself wanting to to use a small detail from somewhere in the image on the web site.)
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography