classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
harry harry
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Harry Warner

This post was updated on .
greetings all,will be picking up my seahawk on Wednesday from hornsea,only 357 miles from teignmouth devon,i think it was loulabell,myself 72 young,royal navy,then super tankers (shell),got involved with fiberglass,manager of florance marine teignmouth,one of our range of boat we built was the pedro,another jb design,had my own boat company,struggled,then factory manager tremletts topsham will be taking my dejon 17 off my morring tomorrow to make way for seahawk which will be called prue,i will be looking for all your know how for my boat,need to work out an interior,have not seen it yet, good sailing to all harry
GregSeaHawk GregSeaHawk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Harry Warner

This post was updated on .
Hi Harry,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on her purchase. I hope she serves you well. It certainly sounds as if you have the experience to do anything that needs doing to get her at her best.

Looking at the last post I made about Lulubelle I see that I had her listed with a sail number #371. I'm not sure, at the moment, where I got that number from. It would have suggested that she was a late Moore-built boat. However, photographs show she has the cockpit lockers of a Reedcraft 4-berth boat and the photos in the latest eBay advert included ones that show her with the sail number #231. That is a much realistic number and would date her at around 1973.

As you are wondering about getting her interior to suit your sailing I would have suggested that you take a look at the site's Cabin Customisations page. However, that concentrates on the two berth boat, which does offer some scope for changing things around. There would appear to be far less you can do to rearrange things on a four-berth boat.

As you get into studying the site you'll discover that there were constant minor changes to the SeaHawk. Both the hatches on the four-berth moulding and the cushions that were offered as options changed over time, as you'll see in the Buyer's Guide section of the site. (I believe that the circular hatch seen on Penny is used by a number of owners to drop in a plastic bowl.) One owner who converted his two-berth boat to a four-berth fitted a cooker (and car radio) under the starboard berth.

However, if you're a coastal sailor, you may be planning for day sailing and not expecting to need the kind of things that Broads sailors like me regard as near essential.

Hope the trip home with the boat went well.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography