Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Peter Worsley

winghawk
I am the new owner of Seahawk 501, which I believe is the second last made.
The boat is named C-Auk and is at Whispering Reeds at Hickling Broad.
Previously I operated a Prelude 19 out of Hardley Staithe (near Cantley) on the Yare.
I'm a long-time member of the Amateur Yacht Research Society (AYRS)  and have been
building and testing new sailing ideas for quite a few years. I have a website which
is about this work at http://www.sailwings.net Lately, I have designed and patented
an automatic control system for self-trimming wingsails. As well as using the standard rig
I also intend to use the boat to test the wingsail system. Previously only tested on a small
catamaran.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Peter Worsley

GregSeaHawk
Administrator
Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum!

I fancy we may have encountered each other, probably 2009 or 2010, at Barton Turf Adventure Centre during a joint UK HBBR (Home Boat Builders Rally) and Amateur Yacht Research Society weekend. Could you have been there? I certainly recall all sorts of interesting craft there from the AYRS group.

I was lucky enough to be invited aboard C-Auk by the then new owner shortly after she moved to Whispering Reeds, and much of the commentary on Pyecraft built boats were learnt from that visit.

My own SeaHawk, which used to be moored less than 100 yards from C-Auk, at The Pleasure Boat Inn, hasn't been used since 2012. I desperately need to get her cleaned up and back in the water.
Greg Chapman
GregAfloat - My Boating Biography
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Peter Worsley

winghawk
Hi Greg

Yes, I was there at Barton Broad at the HBBR event. Very interesting it was too.
I was testing my wing on a small catamaran a Hawke Surfcat. Look forward to seeing you perhaps
next season at Whispering Reeds, hope you can get your boat cleaned up soon and ready for action!

Peter